Congratulations to Rhonda Weir who won the 2016 Season Permit survey draw.
Rhonda will receive a 2017 Season Resort Entry Permit to get her through the Mount Hotham 2017 winter season.
Rhonda started skiing in her early twenties and first skied Mount Hotham with her husband in 1971. During that time, they joined the Tallawarra Ski Club, who back then had not yet built their lodge.
Mrs Weir said she had been visiting Mount Hotham, with her husband, every season since, and enjoys the ongoing developments of the resort.
“Mount Hotham was a very different scene back in the 70s – fairly basic but with plenty of adventure to be had on a great variety of slopes, many not serviced with tows,” Mrs Weir said.
“I have enjoyed downhills and Nordic skiing on the many slopes and tracks Hotham has to offer.
“We have ‘wrecked’ many pristine slopes discovered over the years.
“Our two boys have grown up on the snow, now my grandchildren are doing the same — we are a skiing and snowboarding family,” she said.
Every winter Mount Hotham Alpine Resort Management Board (MHARMB) sends out the WoolCott Mount Hotham Visitor Satisfaction Survey link to those who entered the resort two weeks prior.
At the end of the winter season, WoolCott determine a winner for the Mount Hotham Season Car Permit for the following season.
14 February 2017
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- Mount Hotham weddings are second to none
- Hotham brings the history out in people
- Mt Hotham Bus Service is set to raise money for charity
- Mount Hotham comes alive with history
- Families of Australian Biathlon Association carried out a working bee at Mount Hotham Shooting Range
- Lodges fire into action
- Easter Fun at Hotham & Dinner Plain
- Volunteer Ski Patroller Keith Brandenberger will be missed by everyone
- SNOW! Winter has arrived.....
- O’Connell’s celebrate 60 years of transport service to Mount Hotham and Omeo regions
- Mount Hotham Easter Markets have been cancelled
- Mount Hotham hopes to build awareness on the importance of recycling in the resort
- The highest brewery in Australia turns one
- There is a reason why Victorian Alps Nursery is so unique
- Tour de Cure is on their way from Hotham to Hobart
- Hotham's Food Waste Recycling helping the environment
- The digital tour guides of Hotham
- Mount Hotham Sewer and Stormwater Upgrade
- Mountain Ambassadors
- Video Gallery
- Photo Gallery