Bringing Easter To New Heights
The Mount Hotham Alpine Resort Management Board (MHARMB) is excited to announce a series of markets to be held at Mount Hotham on Easter Saturday in 2017.
Easter weekend is an exciting and active time at Mount Hotham where visitors seek out adventure for the long weekend. As it is one of our busiest weekends outside of the snow season, MHARMB has decided it would be a great time to celebrate the diversity of local produce and goods that are available in the Victorian High Country and the surrounding valleys.
The Locals and Lodgies’ market is inspired by the traditional ‘car boot sale’ typically run in Dinner Plain. Visitors will have the opportunity to be treated to the best of the Alpines treasures and can take with them a little bit of High Country history. The MHARMB are seeking locals, lodge owners and ski enthusiasts who would like to get involved with Australia’s highest markets, to register. Stalls welcome include second hand and vintage clothes and memorabilia, antiques, home produce, books and music.
Location: Corral Car Park
Time: 11am – 3pm
The High Country Produce Market will be held in the evening and intends to showcase the very best of Victoria’s wine, cheese, preserves and small goods produced throughout Victoria. The perfect setting for the perfect occasion with the views looking over the Victorian Alps and linking the state’s North Eastern and Gippsland regions. Locals and visitors can indulge in mouth-watering food and produce while taking in the stunning views, which will also be supported by live music from local performers. This is also the perfect opportunity to stock up on picnic food in preparation of the Geebung Polo on Easter Sunday.
Location: Davenport Skier Bridge
Time: 3pm – 7pm
To register your interest for one or both markets, please fill out the webform. We will be in touch in February/March to confirm details of the event and your attendance.
09 February 2017
- Why Hotham?
- Location & Maps
- Snow & Weather
- Latest News
- Hotham backs a ride for a good cause - Tour de Cure 2017
- Corral Car Park Site, Hotham Village call for Expressions of Interest in development
- Bringing Easter To New Heights
- Annual General Meeting of the Australian Alpine and Snowsports History Association (AASHA)
- Summit Snowmaking Stage 4: Snowmaking Works
- Hotham's Food Waste Recycling helping the environment
- The digital tour guides of Hotham
- Mount Hotham Sewer and Stormwater Upgrade
- Wangaratta Ski Club reunites in memory of member Charlie Derrick and the 50th Anniversary of Derrick Hut
- Marty and Dan cycle the 7 Peaks to raise money to assist those in need
- Developing tadpoles have, once again, been discovered in the Loch Dam
- Cyclists pedal ‘7 Peaks in 7 Days’ to raise funds for prostate cancer research
- Mount Hotham welcomed Casey Demons VFL last weekend for their pre-season camp
- New picnic shelter infrastructure gives Mount Hotham a sense of arrival
- Hotham's Digital Tour Guide is all you need
- Mount Hotham's guided bushwalks are more than just a walk
- Mount Hotham’s trail cameras pick up the wariest of native wildlife
- Mount Hotham sees its first snowfall for the year
- Mountain Ambassadors
- Video Gallery
- Photo Gallery